Strategic Partnership for Youth
Digital citizenship skills are essential for youth development in the digital era. These skills are essential for interpreting information, expressing oneself through digital media, communicating in the digital world and making informed decisions. However, youth organisations are not yet fully prepared to support their target groups, especially those with fewer opportunities, in gaining those skills.
The project DIGCIT with the full title “DIGCIT – Strategic Partnership to develop Open Educational Resources for teaching Digital Citizenship” aims at promoting digital citizenship through youth work. Thus, we have chosen to develop innovative pedagogies and methods for teaching, learning and assessment that support trainers and learners to use digital technologies in creative, collaborative and efficient ways. We will design Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) with free educational resources for digital domains essential for today’s digital world:
- Access and Inclusion
- Learning and Creativity
- Media and Information Literacy
- Ethics and Empathy
- Health and Wellbeing
- e-Presence and Communications
- Active Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Privacy and Security
- Consumer Awareness
The innovative MOOC teaching, learning, assessment and recognition system developed by the youth and youth workers of project partners will be transferred and promoted to youth organisations. It will build the capacity among youth workers and youth organisations, achieving the third specific objective: increasing awareness of young people and youth workers to promote quality developments in youth work.
For two years from now, the partner institutions will collaborate for creating attractive learning material, organising pilot courses and informing about the progress of activities through the project web-page http://www.trainingclub.eu/DIGCIT/. Here will be the updates and details on project implementation phases supported by EU funded programme ERASMUS+.
The main objective of the project is the promotion of digital citizenship through youth work. It will be supported by innovative digital solutions through the following specific goals:
- Improve the pedagogical skills of youth workers for using the MOOC innovative methodologies developed especially for those who wish to harness the potential that digitalisation represents for active citizenship of their youth target group from partners countries;
- Develop civic competences while protecting the online safety of young people from partner countries, under the guidance of youth workers with increased pedagogical skills;
- Increasing awareness of young people and youth workers from partner countries about the use of innovative methodologies and MOOC citizenship education resources to promote quality developments in youth work in partner countries and Europe.
A multi-disciplinary, complementary partnership consisting of four NGOs from Romania, Greece, Cyprus and Germany and 21 associated partners will contribute to reaching the target groups and supporting the dissemination and sustainability of the project. The MOOC will reach out to youth workers at the local, regional, national level and will equip them with the competences for implementing and assessing digital citizenship education. The project will improve the recognition and will support the validation of competences acquired through non-formal learning.
In this context, a newly established partnership led by a youth association from Constanta, Romania, decided to move the things forward and proposed an innovative learning environment for teaching and learning digital citizenship skills. The consortium is formed by four organisations:
- ASOCIATIA TEAM 4 EXCELLENCE, Romania (coordinator) https://team4excellence.ro/
- SEAL CYPRUS https://www.sealcyprus.org/
- ATHENS LIFELONG LEARNING INSTITUTE, Greece https://athenslifelonglearning.gr/
- ARBEITSKREIS OSTVIERTEL e.V., Germany https://www.ostviertel.ms/
DIGCIT_PRESS RELEASE_EU PROJECT_DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP_APRIL 2020
DIGCIT_ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΤΥΠΟΥ_ΕΥΡ. ΕΡΓΟ_ΨΗΦΙΑΚΗ ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗ ΣΤΑ ΚΟΙΝΑ_ΑΠΡΙΛΙΟΣ 2020
Project title: DIGCIT Strategic Partnership to develop Open Educational Resources for teaching Digital Citizenship
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for youth
Project identification/ contract number: 2019-3-RO01-KA205-078053
Project duration: 01/02/2020- 31/01/2022
Coordinator: ASOCIATIA TEAM 4 EXCELLENCE, Romania