First Aid Training in Slovakia
Arrival: Thursday, 3 March 2022
Training: Friday, 4 March 2022 – Friday, 11 March 2022
Departure: Saturday, 12 March 2022
Number of participants from Cyprus: 3
Place: Košice, Slovakia
About the project
Be prepared: First Aid Training course will give 28 youth workers the opportunity to improve and gain practical knowledge in one of the most important areas of youth work – safety and first aid. This knowledge is necessary for everyday work with young people when small injuries or even more serious accidents can happen at any time. In addition, hundreds of mobility projects are carried out each year – youth exchanges or trainings, involving thousands of young people and youth workers, during which various dangerous and risky situations may arise where knowledge of first aid is essential.
The aim of the project is to increase the competences of 28 youth workers in the field of first aid. Participating organisations will receive trained youth workers or first aid volunteers. This knowledge will be important in their work with young people in the organisation, as well as in the implementation of other events and projects.
Participants will get:
- theoretical knowledge and practical skills in providing first aid using the right techniques, being able to assess the situation and ensure vital functions until the arrival of a professional emergency medical service in sudden unexpected situations in which the health or life of any of us may be endangered;
- knowledge to justify the importance of providing first aid in the emergency care system in the event of sudden life threatening and health-threatening events;
- the acquisition of practicable knowledge and skills in dealing with sudden life and serious health-threatening events of an accidental and/or non-accidental nature;
- a positive attitude towards providing first aid and preventing sudden threats to life and health.
Who can participate?
Youth workers, trainers, youth leaders, educators who work and communicate directly with young people supported by their sending organisations in implementing future activities based on the experience gained in the TC; motivated to take part in this mobility and to be personally interested in the topic of the project; motivated to implement the experience gained on the TC in their communities; not younger than 18-year-old, without upper age limits.
How to apply?
- Check the info pack before applying!
- Fill in the form that can be found here and show your interest
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the project name in the subject line.
For this project, ONLY vaccinated participants with a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate will be accepted.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sealngocy