Training Course on Healthy Youth Lifestyle.
The project attempted to encourage young people to adopt an energetic and dynamic way of life while spending time outdoors. Experiential learning, which applies in non- formal educational settings, was used to achieve the goals mentioned above. Particular emphasis was given to the personal needs of the participants, as well as their differences. The Mobility of Youth Workers was implemented in Thessaloniki, Greece (1-9 March 2015) where 42 participants from 10 European Union countries (Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Spain) were able to interact, get sensitive and adapt into the group in order to learn and develop their personal creativity. The participants got familiar with concepts such as healthy lifestyle and well-being through outdoor activities.
- Participated in healthy activities such as physical activity, alternative medicine and healthy diet, to improve their quality of life and psychic health.
- Built on personal skills, theoretical and psychological, to manage psychological issues.
- Exchanged intercultural traditional outdoor activities.
- Managed to play sports and stay fit!
- Understood the importance of inclusion through outdoor activities.
- Experienced a training course in methods and principles of non-formal education, which enabled participation, cooperation and problem-solving.
- Got in contact with young people, when visited the Sea Scouts in Thessaloniki, and got familiar with the importance of volunteerism and outdoor activities.
Project title: Stay Fit- Stay Calm
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: Youth mobility
Project identification/ contract number: 2014-1-EL02-KA105-000527
Dates of the activity: 1-9 March 2015
Place: Thessaloniki, GREECE
Coordinator: NGO Aenao
Number of participants from SEAL CYPRUS: 4