Training course on Intercultural Dialogue.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain.
“Playing a part in a better society” is a training course that will gather 2 participants per each country, coming from Italy, Spain, UK, Greece, Portugal, Czech Republic and Cyprus. From 05 to 11 March 2018 in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
The project is designed to give participants tools to reflect upon the issues of intercultural dialogue and solidarity, mirroring the different cultural and social backgrounds they have.
The project activities have been set up exactly to answer the expressed needs of our partners. These needs were found out through a survey that involved a wide number of partners in Europe. The data gathered gave us an overview of the areas where our partners around Europe were feeling they needed reinforcement. Thus, the project has been created exactly to address these areas.
Based on the needs, the objectives are:
- To transfer to the participants the competences on how to use theatre technics and methods, in youth education, as a tool for social intervention and inclusion of youngsters with fewer opportunities.
- To explore xenophobia, discrimination and intolerance issues offering participants a clear methodological approach how to address them through youth work.
- To encourage the positive involvement of young people in solving issues which affect them, treating them as resources, not as problems.
- To create new ties of cooperation among youth NGOs to achieve a common result for the good of our societies and future.
- To elaborate, through theatre a methodology to improve the effectiveness of Erasmus Plus projects, in particular, youth exchanges and EVS.
- To promote the Erasmus Plus programme as a tool to foster social inclusion in our societies and at European Level.Participants’ profile
- Strong motivation to attend the course and to act as multipliers by promoting the project in Cyprus
- English level good enough to follow the activities.
- Capacity to attend all the activities during the event
- Strong ability to promote their participation in the project through the social media
- No age limit
Project title: Playing a part in a better society
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: Youth mobility
Project identification/ contract number: 2017-2-ES02-KA105-010004
Dates of the activity: 5- 11 March 2018
Place: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, SPAIN
Coordinator: Asociación de Promoción Cultural “Invasiones Creativas”
Number of participants from Cyprus: 2