Training on Personal Development & Employability
14-22 of August 2018
14th of August – arrival to Vilnius (until 7pm so as the participants to travel together to the venue).
15-21 – Training days
22nd of August – departure day
“The instability of labour markets, rapid changes in the environment and growth in information all mean that the stability that former generations enjoyed no longer applies. ‘The reflexivity that is so characteristic of late modernity, where it is always the individual’s relationship to him- or herself that is the focal point of learning’ (Illeris, 2011, p. 405) means that the most crucial current requirement for education (the ability to be both reflexive and critical) transforms learning as knowledge acquisition.“ Youth workers and youth leaders are seen as the people who can provide a framework for the young people to know themselves better, to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses, to be honest with themselves about real wishes and desires for their future and be brave to take action and follow through. That is the reason why we are willing to propose a training course for youth workers and youth leaders to work on the competencies needed to support the personal development of young people individually and in groups – competencies of individual consultations and facilitation of group work dedicated to personal development.
Youth leaders, youth workers working directly with youth; representatives of NGO working in the field of youth and non-formal education.
To assist youth workers and youth leaders in facilitating personal development of young people.
- Develop an understanding of personal development and its ties to employability;
- Contribute to the personal and professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by creating a space to reflect on their personal traits and work; give and receive feedback from peers;
- Improve participants’ competencies to plan, run and evaluate group workshops and individual consultations that empower young people to know themselves better and gain perspective on future development;
- Develop an understanding of the importance of reflection in youth work activities and improve participants with the competence of guiding reflection process of young people;
- Encourage international cooperation and networking in the field of youth.
Project title: Light Tomorrow with Today
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: Training Course
Project identification/ contract number: 2018-1-LT02-KA105-005765
Dates of the activity: 14-22 August 2018
Place: Vilnius, Lithuania
Coordinator: Asociacija “Kedainiu Klubas”
Number of participants from SEAL CYPRUS: 3