Training on Digital Storytelling
Dig your story is an international training course that will take place from 13 to 21 August 2018 (7 training days and 2 travel days) in Bulgaria.
Digital storytelling comes as an alternative to manipulative information that reflects negatively on the overall social environment. It is a real opportunity for active youth inclusion and inclusion in a community with shared values, interests, ideas. This specific form of narrative gives young people at risk / disadvantaged groups access to public dialogue through the power of their authentic stories. Digital stories are a means of raising public awareness and empathy. They have the power to engage.
The creation of personal/organisational narrative and digitalising it through multimedia tools are the two aspects of digital storytelling, but their application requires certain skills, knowledge and practice to achieve the desired effect that NGO teams often do not possess. The possibilities of digital technologies have turned everyone into a potential narrator, but digital storytelling is more than just telling a story. It is an inclusion tool engaging the community that can be used in different contexts to solve complex social issues.
Digital storytelling will help civic organisations to give a human face to abstractions such as freedom, tolerance, solidarity, etc., to promote universal values and basic rights, to disseminate their performance and results more efficiently and, in so doing, to be a sustainable factor in the social dialogue.
Increasing the effectiveness of youth work by improving the skills of youth workers to apply digital storytelling in their day-to-day work with young people with a different profile.
– Improving participants’ knowledge of digital storytelling as an innovative and transformative tool and its possible applications and benefits in youth work;
– Developing skills for creating personal/ organisational narratives as projects for social change and community engagement;
– Improving ICT skills, online resources and multimedia tools to digitise stories and disseminate them;
– Establishment of a network of organisations interested in exchanging experience in digital rendering in working with young people with different profiles – sharing good practices, practical applications, dissemination of results, etc .;
– Developing follow-up projects, using the acquired skills and knowledge through this course.
Youth workers, leaders, mediators, facilitators, coaches and activists interested and willing to acquire digital storytelling skills and implement it in their work, having experience in youth work and work with young people with a different profile.
Project title: Dig your Story
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: Training Course
Project identification/ contract number: Dates of the activity: 13- 21 August 2018
Place: Dobrinishte, Bulgaria
Coordinator: VIA CIVIC Association
Number of participants from SEAL CYPRUS: 2