Contact Making Event for Inclusion in Europe.
Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain.
The project brought together NGO from Europe to explore prospects for cooperation in projects for social inclusion. The event offered the participants the opportunity to exchange ideas on how to tackle discrimination and how to involve in their projects young people with fewer opportunities. They learned how to make optimal use of EU funds, especially Erasmus+ Programme to promote social inclusion and diversity.
Objectives of the event were:
- To promote social inclusion in Europe and get a better understanding of the importance of European mobility programmes in achieving this goal
- To introduce European partners to each other to develop youth projects related to social inclusion and anti-discrimination
- To reinforce collaboration and networking between the participants, facilitate the exchange of good practices and create new partnerships
- To create a meeting for potential partners that would like to develop projects under key actions 1 (Mobility of Youth Workers) and 3 (Structured Dialogue in the field of Youth) of the ERASMUS + Programme.
- To develop specific proposals for future projects through the Erasmus+ Programme
The participants were decision makers, coordinators, directors of European youth NGO.
Project title: CMSIE – Contact Making Seminar for Inclusion in Europe
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: Youth mobility
Contact Making Event
Project identification/ contract number: 2016-1-ES02-KA105-007670
Dates of the activity: 1- 6 November 2016
Place: Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, SPAIN
Coordinator: ASOCIACIÓN PARA LA PARTICIPACIÓN, OPORTUNIDAD Y DESARROLLO (P.O.D Association)
Number of participants from SEAL CYPRUS: 2