Strategic Partnership for Adult Education
The CHELLIS project aims at providing Challenge-based Environmental Language Learning through Inspiring Stories for adult learners and low-qualified/low-skilled learners. The introduced didactic methodology combines successful existing and well-proven pedagogical techniques in a non-formal and openly accessible digital learning environment that fosters environmental attitudes and language learning and uses a gamified and highly visual storytelling approach. In order to achieve this, a project consortium of suitable and reliable partner organisations from France, Austria, Cyprus, Ireland, Portugal, and Italy have joined together and will produce the following project results:
1) The CHELLIS Investigative Field Analysis (IO1) will present insights from a comprehensive desk research and needs specific to the target groups in order to obtain a representative portrait of climate challenges most relevant to certain regions and addressed audiences, enabling the partnership to tailor the two subsequently developed outputs to these particular needs and current demands.
2) The CHELLIS Handbook Magazine (IO2) will become a reference instrument for adult education professionals who are specialised in language learning or environmental learning and are working with low-qualified and low-skilled adult learners, migrants/refugees, and adult learners in general. This 60-page handbook magazine will be available as an online flipbook, an e-book and a print publication and will present the CHELLIS methodology in detail as well as offer practice peek video clips with professionals.
3) The CHELLIS Platform (IO3) will be a responsive and highly visual non-formal online learning resource that puts the innovative CHELLIS methodology into practice by offering six interactive story challenges and a transparent validation of learning outcomes. It will simultaneously promote language learning, text comprehension and environmental education and will offer positive learning experiences that have a direct impact on the individual life of learners.
Furthermore, complementary activities will be implemented that are crucial for the success and sustainability potential of the project:
– The CHELLIS Storytelling Staff Training, which will ensure coherency and high quality of learning contents developed by the partnership.
– An open call for artists in order to find suitable professionals who supply the visual elements of the interactive story challenges. As the open call will be widely disseminated, the impact and visibility of the project will be amplified.
– National Multiplier Events will be held during the piloting phase of the CHELLIS Platform and engage a large number of adult learners and professionals.
Overall, more than 500 participants will be actively involved in the CHELLIS project and more than 200.000 representatives of the following target groups will be reached overall across all partner countries and beyond:
– Beneficiaries such as adult learners and low-skilled/low-qualified adult learners as well as migrants/refugees learning the language of the host country;
– Professionals such as adult educators and adult trainers, especially in the field of environmental or language learning;
– Wider stakeholders such as green NGOs and entrepreneurs, representatives of green industries and careers, experts in the field of environmental learning and language learning, digital artists (who will be engaged for the development of the IO3 illustrations), and the general public.
Active participation opportunities, as well as extensive dissemination and exploitation efforts of partners through all available communication channels and networks, will ensure a broad and sustainable impact of the CHELLIS project on local, regional, national, European and international levels.
Project title: Challenge-based Environmental Language Learning through Inspiring Stories for low-skilled adult learners
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
Project identification/ contract number: 2020-1-FR01-KA204-080222
Coordinator: ALFMED, France
• E.N.T.E.R. GMBH, Austria
• SEAL CYPRUS, Cyprus
• MEATH COMMUNITY RURAL AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIP LIMITED, Ireland
• PLAY SOLUTIONS – Audiovisuais Unipessoal, Lda, Portugal
• TIBER UMBRIA COMETT EDUCATION PROGRAMME, Italy
Visit the official project website: www.chellis.eu
Follow the project: Facebook Page