Τraining on Skills Development & Validation
Duration: 7 days for training and 2 days for travelling.
Training dates: Sunday 08 March 2020- Saturday 14 March 2020.
Travel dates: Saturday 07 March 2020 (arrival)- Sunday 15 March 2020 (departure)
Number of participants: 30. Each partner will be represented by 3 delegates.
Age of participants: there is no age limit.
Place: Larnaca, Cyprus.
Venue: Hotel Flamingo, Larnaca.
SEAL CYPRUS, Cyprus (Coordinator) www.sealcyprus.org
EUROPEAN YOUTH CENTRE BRECLAV Z.S, Czech Republic http://eycb.eu/en/news
Asociacija “Aktyvus Jaunimas” (Active Youth), Lithuania https://activeyouth.lt/
PRAXIS, Greece www.praxisgreece.com
Asociatia GEYC, Romania www.geyc.ro
ADEL Slovakia, Slovakia www.adelslovakia.org
MTU Islander, Estonia http://www.estislander.org
Association “WalkTogether”, Bulgaria http://associationwalktogether.eu/
ENNEA Cultura Territorio Società, Italy https://www.facebook.com/associazioneennea/
Project type: Training Course
Erasmus+ Key Action 1. Mobility of Youth Workers. Youth Workers’ Training & Networking.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Youthpass is the strategy of the European Commission for the recognition of the competences gained by the participants in the different activities granted in the frame of Erasmus+/ Youth in Action Programme.
Since 2007, 985.232 Youthpasses have been issued for young people and youth workers or leaders after their participation in 63.361 projects implemented by 25.843 organisations in Europe (data, September 2019).
The European Reference Framework of Key Competences for Lifelong Learning has been revised in 2018, which will result in a change in the use of Youthpass (effective after August 20, 2019).
Recognition of non-formal learning in the youth field is about recognising the work and learning achievements of young people and those active in youth work and youth organisations.
As a recognition instrument, Youthpass can be particularly beneficial for young people with fewer opportunities.
Main theme of the project:
The Revised Framework of Key Competences for Lifelong Learning and the YOUTHPASS certificate.
To ensure the Continuous Professional Development of Youth Workers.
- Preparation of Youth Workers to use the YOUTHPASS certificate under the Revised Framework of Key Competences for Lifelong Learning.
- Understanding of the Competences and what they represent for the individuals.
- Exchange of methods and techniques in the use of the YOUTHPASS and development of new tools.
- Promotion of Erasmus+ and the EU transparency and recognition tool YOUTHPASS.
Profile of participants: Youth Workers, Youth Trainers, Mentors of EVS volunteers.
Age of the participants: there is no upper age limit; this is a training course (not a youth exchange).
Number of participants: each organisation will participate with 3 people.
With their participation in this project, the youth workers and their organisations should expect:
* To become familiar with the Revised Framework of Key Competences for Lifelong Learning (2018).
* To understand the definitions of the 8 Key– competences as they are defined within the new framework.
* To learn how to support the young people to enhance the 8 competences validated by YOUTHPASS with our youth projects.
* To understand the importance of YOUTHPASS for young people with fewer opportunities especially those out of formal education.
* To exchange good practices in the use of YOUTHPASS.
* To explore tools to support self– assessment and reflection on learning.
* To develop the quality of youth work, youth training and volunteering in favor of the young people.
* To support the youth professionals and their organisations to promote the validation and certification of non formal learning.
* To increase the visibility of Erasmus+ and the YOUTHPASS.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sealngocy
Facebook group of the project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/YouthpassPlusEU
This is a closed group, only for selected participants.
The hashtag of the project on Twitter and Instagram is #YouthpassEU