European Solidarity Corps Individual Volunteering
Duration of the volunteering placement: 2 months (59 days) for volunteering and 2 days for travelling.
Start date: October 2022. We will discuss the exact starting date with you.
Place: Nicosia, Cyprus
Number of volunteers: 1
Age limit: 18-30
COVID-19: We will only accept vaccinated participants who hold a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate.
Programme: the project is funded by the European Solidarity Corps or ESC. More info about ESC: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en
About Opportunities Appear
Opportunities Appear is a European Solidarity Corps volunteering project with a strong educational aspect that focuses on an important objective of the European Union: fostering solidarity and tolerance among young people and promoting social cohesion in the European Union.
Goals of the volunteering project
- To provide participants with accessible opportunities in solidarity activities having a positive effect on social change;
- to improve the personal, educational, social skills, cultural and professional development of project’s participants and young people of Cyprus;
- to enhance the employability of the volunteers and their transition into the labour market;
- to spread the spirit and values of volunteering;
- to cultivate European consciousness in young citizens;
- promote social inclusion, equal opportunities and solidarity by combating discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, ethnicity, culture and religion, as all our activities will also include young people with fewer opportunities who live in the area;
- to raise awareness of the European Solidarity Corps and its positive impact.
We expect our volunteers to bring their ideas and personal skills to accompany the SEAL CYPRUS team in the field of planning, production, preparation and dissemination of communication and awareness-raising tools.
On a long-term basis, this project’s planned activities will help foster understanding between different cultures by gathering young people from different backgrounds.
The project will strengthen the positive example of youngsters having an active role in building a more conscious society through international projects for local development, and it will ultimately encourage a deeper understanding of the fundamental role each one of us plays in developing solidarity projects for the common good, organised by and addressed to civil society.
Volunteers’ role and activities
During the volunteering project, you will work together with SEAL CYPRUS staff to support intercultural learning and European activities within the organisation.
You will support the European Projects Manager in certain service-oriented tasks as:
- event and training organising,
- facilitating voluntary work,
- promoting the Erasmus+ Programme,
- promoting the EU values, key priorities and opportunities,
- creating posts and designs with a graphic design platform Canva,
- making animated videos on Powtoon software.
You will also support everyday office work and undertake a small part of the international communications.
The volunteers will have the opportunity to be involved in the youth work of SEAL CYPRUS in Cyprus, which mainly includes educational and voluntary activities and get to know the everyday problems and difficulties of youth work and try to find solutions to these problems.
What’s in it for you?
As an ESC volunteer, you will improve your communication skills, social skills, self-confidence, better knowledge of the field of youth and enhance your creative skills. You will learn to manage your time, work in a team, efficiently share information and knowledge.
Volunteering in the Opportunities Appear project will encourage you to grow both personally and professionally.
During the project, you also will:
- gain knowledge about youth work practices, education and training, skills development fields;
- gain a good working knowledge of the ERASMUS+ Programme;
- learn methods of non-formal learning and to be able to use them in the future;
- enhance their soft skills such as communication, teamwork and collaboration, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, tolerance, adaptability;
- get basic knowledge of the Greek language and improve your English;
- learn to use Powtoon and Canva platforms.
Apart from that, you will also get an opportunity to experience life on a Mediterranean island. You will meet lots of new interesting people, make new friends and explore Cyprus!
Before applying, please, carefully read the Info Pack.
Please, send us your CV and a motivation letter expressing:
- Why do you want to volunteer with SEAL CYPRUS?
- Which area do you think you could contribute to the most?
- When can you start? Please, propose a date.
Please, send it to Ms Simona Petkeviciute at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ESC Opportunities Appear”.
You can also apply directly through the ESC platform: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/31951_en
Deadline: this Call for Volunteers will remain open until we find the most matching candidates.
We would like to remind you that we are going to accept participants from 18 to 30 years old who are vaccinated and hold a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sealngocy